Why not do something different to start the new year coming up? Why not make a few New Year’s resolutions for a healthier mouth? It’ll surely raise your self-confidence when you can look in the mirror and see your bright, beautiful smile!
Sure, we’ve all made New Year’s resolutions in the past, but how can you start 2017 with a positive outlook when it comes to getting dental work and visiting your dentist? What are some things you can implement in the new year to have a healthier smile?
Join us as we present a few ways to take care of your smile in the new year ahead.
6 New Year’s resolutions for a healthy smile
– Pick up the phone and schedule your dental appointment. Whether you need a routine teeth cleaning or you’ve been waiting a long time to straighten your cooked teeth, now is the time to schedule an appointment. If you live in or near the Bayside or Queens, NY area, call Dental Expressions by Dr. Gary Bram today. Don’t wait to fix your smile.
– Lessen the amount of sugar you consume. Not only is sugar bad for your health, it is also bad for your teeth if you don’t consistently brush and floss. Cut back significantly on the amount of sugar you consume — “it’s for your own good” (as you probably heard your parents telling you over and over when you were a kid!).
– Quit smoking and cut back on alcohol consumption. Smoking and consuming large amounts of alcohol are two bad habits to get rid of in 2017. They are both bad for your health and your teeth. These bad habits don’t provide any benefits to your health, so why not stop? Instead, try healthier habits like exercising or reading a book.
– Brush and floss on a consistent basis. So many people don’t have a routine when it comes to brushing and flossing. If you don’t have a routine, implement one in 2017. Consistently brushing your teeth 2-3 times per day and flossing at least once per day is an excellent New Year’s resolution. Make it a habit to take care of your teeth and gums on a daily basis. If you aren’t sure of the proper way to brush or floss, just simply ask one of our hygienists next time you come to our office!
– If you’re sick and tired of your unsightly, crooked, and heavily stained teeth, make a significant change in 2017— choose cosmetic dentistry! Dr. Bram loves creating beautiful, healthy smiles. He offers: dark gum treatments, porcelain veneers, crowns, white fillings, bonding, and Invisalign clear braces. Dr. Bram also offers dentures and dental implants, which can definitely make you look more youthful in the upcoming new year.
– Eat healthier than you do right now. Eat more vegetables and fruits instead of carbohydrates and foods/beverages saturated with sugar. Drink a lot of water on a daily basis (strive for at least 2 liters per day). Always talk to your doctor or healthcare specialist about the right diet for you. And if another one of your New Year’s resolutions is slimming your waistline, eating healthier will help with that, too!
Make a personal commitment for a healthier mouth in 2017
These are just some of the many ways you can have a healthier smile in the upcoming new year. Make a resolution and stick to it — you’ll be so happy you did.
If you live in or near the Bayside or Queens, NY area, call Dental Expressions by Dr. Gary Bram today. All of our contact information can be found here: http://www.dentalexpressionsny.com/contact/
We look forward to meeting you.